Silk is an extremely soft, luxurious fabric that is at once both versatile & durable. Fashioned from natural proteins, silk is inherently strong, and possesses some of the most coveted traits of today’s modern fabrics.
Some quick silk facts:
- • Silk can absorb up to a third of its weight in water before it feels wet.
- • Silk is breathable. It keeps you cool on hot days and through warm nights.
- • Silk regulates body temperature, and preserves your body heat in the cold.
- • Silk has impressive moisture wicking properties, keeping you dry and comfortable in any climate, year-round.
- • Silk naturally repels mold & mildew.
- • Silk is hypoallergenic, and won’t irritate sensitive skin.
- • Silk is lightweight and soft, making it easy to layer under daywear.
- • Silk has a natural luster from its smooth threads, giving a beautiful appearance.
- • Silk doesn’t create static, so it does not cling or crease easily.
- • Silk fibers are naturally elastic, and can stretch up to 20% without breaking.
- • Silk fabrics make ideal base layers, and are available in light, mid & heavy weights.
Silk is surprisingly easy to care for and will retain its beauty for years–in fact, that’s why silk is so often used in legacy and heirloom pieces that are passed down from generation to generation. It is a truly timeless textile, lending itself perfectly to a variety of uses–from casual, everyday clothing to cozy bedding, warm accessories, and even formal attire for those extra special occasions.
Browse our collection to learn more about silk clothing for women or keep exploring to learn about the History of Silk